Sunday, January 29, 2012

Long Overdue Knicks Post

Sorry faithful bloggees, I’ve been so enveloped in the Giants’ Super Bowl run that I have neglected to comment on the abysmal state of the Knicks. 

            In my first post ever (Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself…) I talked a lot about basketball-related ish.  I made you laugh; I made you cry; I made you wonder about the mysteries of life; but I did not make you as mad as Stephen A. Smith is in this video. 

            I would post some thought-provoking analysis with a little sprinkling (by the way, how weird is that word? sprinkling...) of jokes and self-deprecation here and there, but I think the audio pretty much covers it all.

            It is, without question, the GREATEST BASKETBALL RANT I have ever heard.  Smith sounds like someone tied him up and slowly murdered a baby unicorn right in front of him.  I used a graphic analogy for a reason: HE IS THAT ANGRY!

            As a New Yorker, I respect both his analysis and his anger. 

            Enjoy…



Highlights –
Danilo Gallinari looks like the second coming of Jordan (0:50)
Carmelo and Amar’e relationship (1:30)
Dwight Howard trade (2:20)
Tyson Chandler (2:40) (best line of the whole rant is at 3:18 “that’s not where he’s supposed to beeeeeee”)
Amar’e Stoudamire (3:25)
Shot at Tebow (4:58)
Amar’e looks soft (6:00)
Knicks becoming exposed (6:50)
This ain’t Show Friends, this is Show Business (7:10)
“THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! UNACCEPTABLE!” (7:30)


 
Shout-out to my pseudo-editor who, from this point forward, will only be referred to as EZ McShweezy

#DJLR





No comments:

Post a Comment